Friday, July 17, 2009

Staff Bios-- Lilly

Name: - Lillian Bales

Major and/or career goals? - English Literature with the hopes of one day becoming a famous and well known editor. (Well, not the famous part, but successful yes.)

What are you involved in outside of PRiSM? - The Leadershape Institute, Miami Telehawks, Honor's Mentor Program (I'm a mentor.),

What do you think is the best thing about Miami or the Oxford Community? Hmmm.... I think the best part of the cimmunity is the community. All the friends I've made at Miami and with the local community make it a place wher I enjoy being and can never wait to get back to.

Favourite genre? - Oh, complicated question. Probably Romance, of any kind and that includes everything from a Harlequin novel to Anna Karenina.

Favourite author? Also a hard question. One that I find I am incapable of coming up with an answer for. Just give me a book and I'll be happy.

Annoyed by spelling favourite the British way? - What, what, not at all! Especially because then you can say it like "fave-oer-ite"

What do you look for in a good story (poem, essay, etc)? - I am always searching for an author who has the ability to write with sentences that string together words in combinations you had never dreamed of, yet just knew were lurking around the literary world somewhere. Words that were wating to be found and put into their place within the pages of a novel, meant to send shivers down the spine's of the readers who are in awe of their wonder. (And that about sums it up.)

What else do you want people to know about you? Ah, the question that is the bane of all Facebook and Myspace users. Who am I really and How do I tell you about it? My answer: What do you want to know?

Any other words of wisdom?
Drink Coffee. Read Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment