Thursday, July 16, 2009

Staff Bios-- Tabby

Hi everyone. I'm going to be putting staff bio's up this month into next. Here's mine:

Name
Tabby

Major and/or career goals?
English Lit. Then I'm probably going to work in social work for a few years before ultimately pursuing a PhD. Then I guess I'll have to grow up and pick a field.

What are you involved in outside of PRiSM?
I volunteer for the Crisis Hotline in Oxford, and am president of the Crisis Hotline Student Outreach. I am involved in the English Honor Society, Sigma Tau Delta (bringing you fantastic spelling bees, check the walls of Bachelor for local listings), and America Reads.

What do you think is the best thing about Miami or the Oxford Community?
La Bodega. Dr. Dunning and Dr. Jay.

Favourite genre?
Fantasy

Favourite author?
Katherine Kerr

Annoyed by spelling favourite the British way?
I prefer it.

What do you look for in a good story (poem, essay, etc)?
I want it to provoke me enough that I say something out loud. Even if it's just a little hm sound. Literature has it's power in reverberations, and I think if literature can cause sound, then it's done a large part of it's job.

What else do you want people to know about you?
I talk a lot, and I feel like people think that means I won't listen. I like listening too!
I like cats, and I have a cat named Stormy, and a mouse named Mitsy. I like video games, and I play an online strategy game called Travian, where I'm a defense coordinator for a top ranked alliance (I am a geek.) I love to cook, almost as much as I love to eat, and can usually be easily persuaded to make just about anyone dinner. Also, I like Bumblebees. They're fuzzy.

Any other words of wisdom?
I'll cop out here and quote someone else's:
"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."
-- Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment