Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Staff Bios-- Andrea

Name
Andrea Wilhelm

Major and/or career goals?
English Major, music minor-> going to school to write musicals

What are you involved in outside of PRiSM?
∆O, Steel Band, Flute Lessons

What do you think is the best thing about Miami or the Oxford Community?
I love the gentle atmosphere that gives Miami a sense of security and beauty that allows creativity to flow so much easier than a city would.

Favourite genre?
Romance, musicals, serious (thinking) books.

Annoyed by spelling favourite the British way?
Eh, more annoyed by the red lines underneath the word, haha.

What do you look for in a good story (poem, essay, etc)?
I look for a realness. I don't want to know I'm reading. I want to feel like I'm observing someone's life, and I want to connect to it.

Any other words of wisdom?
Not all writing has to be about the big issues. Sometimes writing about everyday life can change someone's life forever.

1 comment: