Friday, August 14, 2009

Staff Bios-- Hannah

Name
Hannah Ledford
Major and/or career goals?
I would love to work for a publishing company, and I also want to get my Ph.D in literature. And maybe a best-selling novel? That would be really nice.

What are you involved in outside of PRiSM?
CAC, Circle K, Amnesty International, and I work in Advancement Services

What do you think is the best thing about Miami or the Oxford Community?
I love walking around campus and running into people that I know. There is just something exciting about seeing my friends by accident. And it's beautiful here.
Favourite genre?
I'll pretty much read anything you put in front of me...as long as it keeps me interested, it doesn't matter.
Favourite author?
That's a hard one. I love J.D. Salinger, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Jane Austen. And as far as someone contemporary, Markus Zusak is wonderful.

Annoyed by spelling favourite the British way?
Not at all, especially because I was recently in London.

What do you look for in a good story (poem, essay, etc)?
Well, it has to have intelligent writing and a good voice. And the best stories are the ones that never leave you. When I'm brushing my teeth and a story suddenly pops into my head that I read years ago, I know that it's had an impact on me. The same goes for a poem or any other work.

What else do you want people to know about you?
I am ridiculously obsessed with movies and pop culture. Don't hold any obscure references I will probably make to you in the future against me.

Any other words of wisdom?

Don't be afraid to put yourself into your work. In my opinion, the best pieces are those that hold a large part of the author on every page.

No comments:

Post a Comment