Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Staff Bios-- Kaitlyn

Name: Kaitlyn Rowsey

Major and/or career goals?: English Creative Writing Major, Political Science Minor

What are you involved in outside of PRiSM? Miami Misfitz

What do you think is the best thing about Miami or the Oxford Community? That everyone is so friendly and always so willing to lend a helping hand. Our community is so close that it doesn't even come close to comparing to any other campus I've visited. The friend I've made and the relationships I've established are life-long and I wouldn't change going here for anything.

Favourite genre? Mystery/Thriller

Favourite author? James Patterson and Lev Grossman

Annoyed by spelling favourite the British way? sometimes... more so by the spelling of colour.

What do you look for in a good story (poem, essay, etc)? Intriguing material... compelling language... a sense of mystery.

What else do you want people to know about you? I'm a hippie at heart, I love my family and my sister and my three brothers are my best friends, I love being barefoot and love going on adventures... oh and I can ride a unicycle. It's fun, you should try it.

Any other words of wisdom? Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment