Sunday, August 16, 2009

Staff Bios-- Jessica

Name: Jessica Tedrick

Major and/or career goals? English/ Creative Writing major. I think that it would be fantastic to eventually have the patience to write books. Writing for a magazine or newspaper would be very nice also.

What are you involved in outside of PRiSM? Nothing as of this moment. Work, school and reading.

What do you think is the best thing about Miami or the Oxford Community? How condensed it is and the almost hidden Fine Art population. the budding artists, writers, and theater students are what makes Miami pop.

Favourite genre? Have to say Young Adult here. YA books have so much more license to be creative. Other than that anything that makes me go "hmm" or has a eerie ring to it.

Favourite author? So many. Anne Rice, JK Rowling, Libba Bray, Holly Black, William Faulkner, JD Salinger, and I am sure that I have missed a ton of them.

Annoyed by spelling favourite the British way? No. Isn't that the real English way to spell it since they made it up in the first place?

What do you look for in a good story (poem, essay, etc)? Anything that catches my interest quickly and is original. Risk takers are a good thing also.

What else do you want people to know about you? I enjoy reading (obviously), Writing (of course), and travel. I like anything spooky and go to "haunted" places any time I get the chance. My favorite place in the world so far is New Orleans. I have an obsessive love of macaroni and cheese.

Any other words of wisdom? Try to change the world if your unhappy with it but live life like you're in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment